Meet General Bikram Singh
General Singh was Chief of the Indian Army until 2014. During his eventful and distinguished military career of over 42 years, he held a number of key positions in India and overseas. Before taking over as Chief of Army Staff, General Singh was Chief of Eastern Command and before that General Officer Commanding of the Kashmir Valley based Chinar Corps. During his tenure as Chief of the Indian Army, General Singh enhanced the responsiveness, potency, accountability and relevance of the force. He also ensured a value based organisational culture.
In addition to effective human resource management, General Singh undertook a review of Defence Cooperation initiatives with the countries of the immediate and extended neighbourhoods to ensure their compatibility with the national security strategy and policies. General Singh showed great respect for diversity and proved capable of managing large multinational organisations by the virtue of his experience in the United Nations. He served in two UN missions in Central America (ONUCA & ONUSAL) and in his third assignment he commanded a multi-national Division in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC).
He has delivered talks on various facets of National, Regional & International Security, Asymmetric Warfare, Counter Proxy war, Counterinsurgency operations, Border Management, Strategic Leadership Challenges, Relevance of Military Leadership & Management in the Corporate Sector, Leading Change in Large Organisations, Peacekeeping Operations and Disaster Management to both domestic and international audiences. He has also delivered a number of motivational talks in Corporate Houses, Management and Academic Institutions. In domestic and international military circles, besides his expertise in the above mentioned fields, he is also admired for his astute strategic leadership. For his distinguished and dedicated services, the President of India awarded him the Param Vishishta Seva Medal, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Sena Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal. Among other awards, in 2013, he was inducted into the USAWC International Fellows ‘Hall of Fame’ and awarded The Legion of Merit by the US President for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services.
- National Security Policy and Strategy
- Security Challenges in South Asia
- Global war on terrorism – Are we on the right track?
- The relevance of military leadership to the corporate sector
- Leading change in large organisations: Lessons from the armed forces
- Strategic Thinking and Inspirational Leadership
- HAAS School of Management,
- University of California, USA.
- Indian Business and Professional Council, Dubai.
- All India Management Association (lectured five times).
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bengaluru (lectured twice).
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore.
- Confederation of Indian Industry, Bengaluru.
- NIIT, Allahabad.
- Asian Tyre and Rubber Conference, Chennai.
- TiECON, Pune.
- Asian Business School. Noida.
- Reader’s Digest – Trusted Brand Awards.
- Madras Management Association, Chennai.
- BML Munjal University.
- TEDx Talk on Leadership at Symbiosis, Pune.
- KPMG, Bengaluru.
- Apollo Tyres Ltd (interaction with Strategic Leadership).
- Suzlon, Pune.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (interaction with Strategic Leadership).
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd (Lectured Thrice).
- Accenture (interaction with Strategic Leadership).
- Artemis Health Sciences, Gurgaon.