Meet Jesko von den Steinen
Jesko von den Steinen is a speaker, actor, performer, choreographer, filmmaker, creative designer, formerly a principal solo artist with Cirque du Soleil, and at “The House of Dancing Water”, the world’s largest water-based show created by the Franco Dragone Entertainment Group held at the City of Dreams in Macau.
He is currently the Director of Innovation and Productivity with Sands China LTD focusing primarily on Organisational and Process Innovation.
Trained in wide variety of theatrical disciplines spanning dance, contemporary circus arts, acting, and devised theatre at prominent institutions around the globe, Jesko toured for over five years throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia as the solo clown and principal character in the Cirque du Soleil’s “Saltimbanco”.
He is also a professor at The University of Saint Joseph in Macau and is the director of speaker coaching and presentation literacy for TEDx Wanchai in Hong Kong.
Jesko has spoken at TEDx, Inno Design Tech Expo, AdAsia, ADFEST 2016, the Summit Series, and for corporate clients including Google APAC, Nike USA, FOX Media Asia, AXA insurance, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Thomson Reuters, and HSBC.
He holds an MBA in business strategy.
Cirque Creativity Collaboration Communication all for Innovation Key principles
1. Have structure in your intuition, Be intuitive with your structure
2. Dr Bruce Banner and The Incredible Hulk
3. Play and Playfulness
4. Question your Paradigm
5. Parallel Thinking
6. Intentional Inhibition
7. Make it Personal — Boring and being Bored
8. An idea is nothing without vision
• Creativity is not a mystery… it is a mindset of conscious playfulness.
• Collaboration: playful focus on the other, is an essential tool for effective collaboration.
• Stay Curious: Continue to develop your knowledge and your experiences.
• Authentic Creativity: comes when you listen both internally and externally.
• Always be ready to “Fail Wisely” for innovation.
• Ideation occurs when you are able to laugh and play.
Dancing with Water – The Creative Ripple
4 Principles from the performing arts that can be used to develop creativity, collaboration, innovation in business and organizational environments.
A behind the scenes look at the creative process of the world’s most technically advanced and successful live performance show, “The House of Dancing Water”