Working with a speakers bureau gets you access to the world’s most exclusive and effective keynote speakers and ensures professional expertise to match the best speaker to your event. Speakers bureaus also provide guidance with logistics and contracts, providing peace of mind and the luxury of being able to focus time and energy on the event itself.
Hiring a professional keynote speaker to motivate and inspire an audience can be a daunting and logistically confusing process. As event organizers know well, finding the right person for a keynote address often becomes more involved than it initially seemed, and planners usually spend undue amounts of time wrestling with details, when they should be focusing on the event.
Of course, there’s a sense of satisfaction that comes with a “Do it Yourself” project, but none more so than painlessly executing a blowout event and hearing glowing feedback from enthusiastic attendees. For many event planners, it’s simply easier and more effective to partner with a speakers bureau, confident in the knowledge that they will always deliver the best speaker possible.
Here are five reasons to work with a speakers bureau for your next event.
1. Expertise Bureaus have extensive experience pairing the needs of an event with a speaker, ensuring that the keynote always resonates with your audience. There are many talented keynote speakers in the world (you probably know a few), but each speaker excels in different settings. Just getting a famous speaker for an event doesn’t mean they can tap into the expectations and feelings of the audience. However, speakers bureaus know exactly how each business, motivational, and celebrity speaker works with any type of crowd. Working with a speakers bureau will help to make the choice easier.
2. Extensive Networks The high caliber speakers you really want tend to be difficult to contact . Celebrity speakers, motivational speakers, speakers like Rahul Dravid (Former Indian cricketer, who captained the national Test and One Day International (ODI) cricket teams. Described as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. ), all have jam-packed schedules and multiple gatekeepers. But the network at a speakers bureau enables you to get timely responses and exact quotes on their fees. Regardless of price range, a bureau provides access to a wide array of speaking contacts; you may even find an ideal keynote speaker within their ranks you had not considered.
3. Logistical Know-How Preparing for a keynote address is surprisingly complicated. Aside from the proper audio equipment, planners need to coordinate travel, hotel, per diems, contract logistics, and more. Letting a bureau cover these details creates a hands-free experience for you, and ensures that no box will be left unchecked.
4. Quality No one likes to admit it, but not all speeches are created equal. The demonstrated quality that bureaus provide is often the most valuable thing when finding a speaker for your event. Professional assurances count — there’s no sense in risking it. Knowing a speaker is fully vetted and guaranteed to deliver a powerful keynote makes all the difference in the days leading to your event.
5. Peace of Mind Just like hiring a professional photographer for a wedding, working with a speakers bureau lends you peace of mind that the results will be top notch, and that the event will go off without a hitch. There are hundreds of details that coordinators need to consider for an event, and the last thing you should have to worry about is the quality of your keynote speaker. When you’re confident that your speaker is going to blow it out of the water, everything else tends to flow more smoothly. The most important part of the event is already taken care of.
The Benefits of Using a Speakers Bureau
Working with a speakers bureau to secure talent for your events ensures that booking speakers, programs and entertainment for your event is the easiest part of your planning process. From developing creative programming ideas to securing the speaker to managing contracts to arranging logistics and travel plans, our experienced staff will be there with you at every step in the process.
Working with a speakers bureau like Simply Life offers the benefits associated with the close relationships we have developed with our speakers over the years; giving you inside access to their schedules and insight as to when there is flexibility in honorarium. In addition to the experience , we’re flexible, so we are always prepared to handle any unforeseen situation that may arise at any point during the process. Ultimately, we work hard to help ensure that your event is a great success!
The speaker you choose for your event will have a huge impact on that event’s success and will be one of the most-remembered aspects of the event to those who attend. This being the case, it is clear that choosing the right speaker is a make-or-break decision that you cannot afford to make on the fly or trust to amateurs. Some of the most important benefits of using a speakers bureau are mentioned below:
Cautions in Choosing Your Speakers Bureau
While reputable speakers bureaus will be able to help you plan your event and match it with a speaker who will make it significantly more successful, there are also problems that can develop when a low-quality bureau is used. These include:
Using an experienced speakers bureau is one of the best ways to ensure you find the best possible speaker to fit your event. Matching speaking talent to specific speaking opportunities takes a large talent pool and a dedicated, highly skilled agent who is willing to work with you through every step of the process. Take the time to choose a superior speakers bureau, and choosing superior speakers will become as simple and stress-free as possible.
Creating a well-designed event is a balancing act. Tapping industry leaders and controversial renegades, orchestrating brilliant panels, and throwing awesome after-parties all help draw people in, but a well-informed celebrity speaker can elevate your event to “can’t-miss” status with real punch and energy.
A well-chosen, well-prepared celebrity speaker can infuse your event’s atmosphere with a sense of excitement. And a celebrity who’s informed, articulate, inspiring, and entertaining guarantees an unforgettable impression.
Choosing the Right Fit
Looking to engage a celebrity for your event? Rule one: don’t get star-struck.
Just because you can score a celebrity speaker — or you’re a big fan personally — doesn’t mean that person is right for your event. In fact, you should consider celebrity speakers exactly the way you’d consider any other kind of speaker: Do their presence, skill set, and expertise fit? And, more importantly, are they relevant to your audience?
By hiring someone who’s the wrong fit, you’re courting disaster. Accidentally offensive jokes, mismatched humor, or a lack of industry knowledge could easily backfire. There’s also simply the awkwardness of a brand clash.
Poor celebrity partnerships can also damage both your company’s and the speaker’s reputation.
Before hiring a speaker, check out your celebrity’s reputation, experience, and expertise — and trust your own instincts. Do your homework. Does it feel right? Find a fit that’s authentic, seamless, and comfortable for both the speaker and your audience.
How Much Is Too Much to Pay?
Beyond finding the perfect fit, there’s another facet to consider when hiring a celebrity speaker: Star power comes with a price. A celebrity’s speaking fee is based on popularity and demand, and those rates can range from four to seven figures, depending on the celebrity and what he or she is being asked to do (e.g., speaking versus performing).
You shouldn’t sacrifice the quality of your event to book a single A-list act. So what is a reasonable amount of money to drop on speaking fees? It depends on your budget, your audience, and your brand.
Creating a Lasting Impression
Often, this decision boils down to one simple question: Is it worth it? You have to keep in mind the goals of your event, understand your audience’s needs, and recognize what will truly “wow” them. You might not get a hard-and-fast financial return to cover this investment, but you’re paying to create a powerful and memorable experience, and that’s hard to quantify.
Good celebrity speakers inspire action, instill confidence, and invigorate your audience. And, most importantly, they help shape events that attendees will remember. With the right celebrity partnership, you’ll create an impression that lasts for years to come.
Benefits of Hiring a Celebrity Speaker using a Speakers Bureau
Celebrity speakers not your area of expertise? On top of everything else, it can take a ton of energy, time and hard work to find the most suitable speaker for your happening. Speakers bureaus are in business to help you find the best speaker for your meeting or event. They are up on all the fads, trends, availability and will do the research and legwork for you. A speakers bureau will; source and provide customized choices; negotiate fees; do their best to stay within budget; find the right fit; coordinate speaker logistics; make any last minute changes and in the end will save you valuable time. I believe if sourcing speakers isn’t your bag why not outsource the task and work with the pros.
Whether you go it on your own or you partner with a speakers bureau. Sourcing and hiring speakers can be an involved and varied experience. In the end it’s all about recognizing what it takes for success and the perfect performance. Be organized, understand the style and content you’re looking for, check references and always remember how much you have to spend.
Creating a memorable experience pays off for you, your event, your product, and your celebrity speaker. By identifying a great-fitting match and paying an amount that will still pay you dividends, your company can host an event that becomes “can’t-miss” — and is talked about for years to come. That’s the kind of ROI you can’t pay for.
Author - Simply Life India speakers bureau
ASIA'S LEADING GLOBAL CELEBRITY MOTIVATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKERS BUREAU