There's no single formula for a great talk, but there is a secret ingredient that all the best ones have in common. TED Curator Chris Anderson shares this secret — along with four ways to make it work for you. Do you have what it takes to share an idea worth spreading?
Becoming a Better Boss is a revolutionary approach to management because it starts from the view of the person being managed, not the one doing the managing.”
is Professor and Chair of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at the London Business School. He has PhD and MBA degrees in Business from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, and a BSc (Hons) from the University of Durham. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the Stockholm School of Economics, 2009.
Professor Birkinshaw’s main area of expertise is in the strategy and management of large multinational corporations, and on such specific issues as corporate entrepreneurship, innovation, subsidiary-headquarters relationship, knowledge management, network organizations, and global customer management. He is the author of eleven other books, including Reinventing Management: Smarter Choices for Getting Work Done (Revised and Updated Edition 2012), Giant Steps in Management (2007), Inventuring: Why Big Companies Must Think Small (2003), Leadership the Sven-Goran Eriksson Way (2002) and Entrepreneurship in the Global Firm (2001), and over seventy articles in such journals as Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, Strategy Management Journal and Academy of Management Journal. He is active as a consultant and executive educator to many large companies, including Rio Tinto, SAP, GSK, ABB, Ericsson, Kone, Petrofac, WPP, Bombardier, Sara Lee, HSBC, Akzo Nobel, Roche, Thyssen Krupp, UBS, PWC, Coloplast, BBC, Unilever and Novo Nordisk.
In 1998 the leading British Management magazine Management Today profiled Professor Birkinshaw as one of six of the “Next Generation of Management Gurus”. He is regularly quoted in international media outlets, including CNN, BBC, The Economist, the Wall Street Journal, and The Times. He speaks regularly at business conferences in the UK, Europe, North America and Australia.
Professor Birkinshaw is co-founder with best-selling author Gary Hamel of the Management Innovation Lab (MLab), a unique partnership between academia and business that is seeking to accelerate the evolution of management.
BUY Becoming a Better Boss
Working with a speakers bureau gets you access to the world’s most exclusive and effective keynote speakers and ensures professional expertise to match the best speaker to your event. Speakers bureaus also provide guidance with logistics and contracts, providing peace of mind and the luxury of being able to focus time and energy on the event itself.
Hiring a professional keynote speaker to motivate and inspire an audience can be a daunting and logistically confusing process. As event organizers know well, finding the right person for a keynote address often becomes more involved than it initially seemed, and planners usually spend undue amounts of time wrestling with details, when they should be focusing on the event.
Of course, there’s a sense of satisfaction that comes with a “Do it Yourself” project, but none more so than painlessly executing a blowout event and hearing glowing feedback from enthusiastic attendees. For many event planners, it’s simply easier and more effective to partner with a speakers bureau, confident in the knowledge that they will always deliver the best speaker possible.
Here are five reasons to work with a speakers bureau for your next event.
1. Expertise Bureaus have extensive experience pairing the needs of an event with a speaker, ensuring that the keynote always resonates with your audience. There are many talented keynote speakers in the world (you probably know a few), but each speaker excels in different settings. Just getting a famous speaker for an event doesn’t mean they can tap into the expectations and feelings of the audience. However, speakers bureaus know exactly how each business, motivational, and celebrity speaker works with any type of crowd. Working with a speakers bureau will help to make the choice easier.
2. Extensive Networks The high caliber speakers you really want tend to be difficult to contact . Celebrity speakers, motivational speakers, speakers like Rahul Dravid (Former Indian cricketer, who captained the national Test and One Day International (ODI) cricket teams. Described as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. ), all have jam-packed schedules and multiple gatekeepers. But the network at a speakers bureau enables you to get timely responses and exact quotes on their fees. Regardless of price range, a bureau provides access to a wide array of speaking contacts; you may even find an ideal keynote speaker within their ranks you had not considered.
3. Logistical Know-How Preparing for a keynote address is surprisingly complicated. Aside from the proper audio equipment, planners need to coordinate travel, hotel, per diems, contract logistics, and more. Letting a bureau cover these details creates a hands-free experience for you, and ensures that no box will be left unchecked.
4. Quality No one likes to admit it, but not all speeches are created equal. The demonstrated quality that bureaus provide is often the most valuable thing when finding a speaker for your event. Professional assurances count — there’s no sense in risking it. Knowing a speaker is fully vetted and guaranteed to deliver a powerful keynote makes all the difference in the days leading to your event.
5. Peace of Mind Just like hiring a professional photographer for a wedding, working with a speakers bureau lends you peace of mind that the results will be top notch, and that the event will go off without a hitch. There are hundreds of details that coordinators need to consider for an event, and the last thing you should have to worry about is the quality of your keynote speaker. When you’re confident that your speaker is going to blow it out of the water, everything else tends to flow more smoothly. The most important part of the event is already taken care of.
Sometimes it’s gotta be a celeb right? For those special times when ONLY a big name will do – here are top talent names who have been doing a lot of public speaking.
Celebs who have been speaking recently:
Sports Stars are masters of performing under pressure, harnessing immense focus and determination to propel them to exceeding their goals. These principles of peak performance, team building, and motivation extend beyond the track or cricket field, and right into our offices. Read on to learn from the world’s best Sports Stars how we can develop the world’s best employees and have the world’s best companies.
Many business leaders seek keynote speakers to inspire and educate their team on topics such as: team building, leadership, and best practices. Who, could be more informed and qualified to speak on these topics than an Sports Star ? Sports persons build careers around leadership, team building, innovation, and best-practices skills; all in high-pressure situations. Below, we feature the top Sports speakers of 2016 or years past, who will inspire your team, teaching them skills needed to go for the gold at your company.
Rahul Dravid : former Indian cricketer, who captained the national Test and One Day International (ODI) cricket teams. Described as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. Through mental preparation, his determination to win, and, as his team member says, a willingness to “make habit out of things other people aren’t willing to do,” Rahul has become an expert on talking points such as self-motivation,team building, emotional intelligence, and peak performance.
Pankaj Advani : 16-time World Billiards and Snooker Champion, Pankaj Advani - the only player in the world to win world titles in all formats of both, Billiards and Snooker. Pankaj The 16-time World Champion in cue sports won his first world title when he was just 18 and is the only person in the world to have ever won both the Billiards and Snooker World Championships in all formats. His ambition, poised demeanor, mental toughness, and relentless drive have proven him to be an expert on such topics as attaining peak performance, self-motivation, emotional intelligence, and peak performance.
Pullela Gopichand : There are those who drive themselves to make their passion the reason for their success and there are those whose passion also drives people to achieve success. Pullela Gopichand, is one such person to have done both. He won the All England Open Badminton Championships in 2001 becoming the second Indian to achieve this feat after Prakash Padukone. Currently, he is the Chief National Coach for the Indian Badminton team and runs the Gopichand Badminton Academy. Gopichand not only brought laurels to the country, but also coached a young badminton player – P.V Sindhu – to achieve the silver medal at the 2016 Olympic Games. He received the Arjuna Award in 1999, the Dronacharya Award in 2009 and the Padma Bhushan in 2014.
Anil Kumble : Current head coach of the India national cricket team and a former Indian cricketer who also captained the team. Greatest Indian Spinner of All Time, Former Indian Team Captain & Entrepreneur.
Anil Kumble is without doubt India's greatest Indian bowler of all time - not only in terms of wickets, but also by being a member of the winning team on more occasions than any other bowler in the history of Indian cricket. Be it Test matches or ODIs, Anil has always been a match-winner.
Paddy Upton : Coach, leader, high performer, academic, innovator. Paddy has achieved coaching success at the highest levels of sport and business, globally. Has successfully coached a variety of elite sport and business teams and individuals to take their game to even greater heights. He facilitated two international cricket teams to the world’s number 1 ranking; won a Cricket World Cup, and led bottom-of-the-log underdogs to Champions League finalists in one 10-week season.He lives his professional and personal life whole-heartedly. Pursuing success, innovation, relationships, health, adventure and enjoyment with equal enthusiasm. Questioning convention and happiest operating out the box, he is constantly searching for new experiences and better ways of doing things.
Sakshi Malik ; It is not over till the final whistle. No one could prove this age-old adage better than Sakshi Malik. Sakshi Malik scripted history by becoming the first woman wrestler from India to bag an Olympic medal and only fourth female athlete from the country to climb to the podium at the biggest sporting event in the world. Sakshi has become an expert on talking points such as self-motivation, emotional intelligence, and peak performance. This Olympic dynamo’s mantra says it all: “You can’t put a limit on anything.”
Sports Stars embody the combination of leadership and teamwork that corporations value in their employees. They are also experts in emotional intelligence, best practices, and attaining and sustaining peak performance. So, when only a hard-working and winning attitude will do, consider booking an Sports speaker for your next event.
Author - Simply Life India speakers bureau
ASIA'S LEADING GLOBAL CELEBRITY MOTIVATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKERS BUREAU